Monday, January 31, 2011

Woah!! A whole YEAR??!!

You mean it's been over a YEAR since I last posted anything on my blog?? How did that happen?

Oh yeah....I have kids...FOUR of them now!

Yes, we've added another member to our brood...this latest model is named Julia! And she should really thank her sister Sarah for her existence...

About a year ago Sarah told one of her preschool teachers that she was going to have a baby sister. At the time I was STILL trying to take off some baby weight (from Jakob) so I quickly told her to keep that to herself. I told her that if she wanted a baby sister that she would have to ask Jesus every day for one. Well, that little girl's prayers must have been REALLY loud in heaven because shortly before Easter I found out that I was expecting...AGAIN. (Yes, I know how everything works...but it really was a surprise!) I eventually got over the shock of being pregnant...AGAIN...and told the kids that they were going to have a new brother or sister in November. Well, of course Sarah was adamant that it was a girl (and I had a feeling, too), but I kept telling her that it could be a boy and that it was a little too early to tell yet. One morning I even came downstairs to find her on her knees in the kitchen looking at the crucifix above the sink. "Sarah, what are you doing?" "I'm asking Jesus for a baby sister Mommy!" The girl is determined if anything! Finally, in July, I had my ultrasound. The first thing I said was that I wanted to know the sex of the baby if it was possible. I think as soon as the ultrasound tech put the wand on my belly Julia gave up the goods! It was pretty obvious she was a she and not a he (likewise for Michael and Jakob it was VERY obvious that they were boys!)! Afterwards I went to the mall and bought a pink outfit and had Sarah open it. Needless to say she was extatic (as was Michael).

The next few months went by pretty quickly and smoothly aside from a little pre-term labor scare. Finally on November 5th, Julia made her grande entrance and we've been smitten with our little angel ever since.

Other than that...Sarah has started home school kindergarten and I'm doing a little bit of preschool with Michael. Jakob is trying his best to follow in every footstep of his brother or sister...sometimes I think he's older than the 22 months that he is. Michael is FINALLY potty trained (HALLELUIA!!) and Julia is cooing and smiling and just being an angel.

As for me...I'm just trying to keep my sanity in tact as I try to manage these four little souls entrusted to me. A lot of people ask me, "how do you do it?" The fact is, I HAVE NO IDEA. Actually, I do. 1. I try to have faith that God will help me through any situation and 2. I have an amazing husband who helps me enormously every day...I'd be a blubbering ball of mush without him.

So there it is. One of my New Year's Resolutions is to keep this blog a *leeeeetle* more updated than once a year so here's to 2011!

1 comment: