Sunday, February 22, 2009

My Little Man


To be honest, when I was expecting Michael, and found out he was a boy, I was a little nervous. After all, what did I know about raising a little boy? Sarah was such a good baby, but how would a little boy be different from a little girl? I mean, I knew he wouldn't be throwing a baseball as he came out of the womb, but did I need to be a bit more rough and tough as a mom? Could I give him as much love as I had Sarah?

I need not have worried! Michael won over my heart as soon as he came out and I have been smitten ever since. He is such a love, running up to just give me a hug with a big "Mama!" or trying to help out around the house by "vacuuming" with his popper. He is such a boy, loving anything that resembles a ball and he loves playing ball with Daddy when he gets home from work.

I love my "Little Man" and while I wish somedays that he would stay the same size forever, I can't wait to see the young man he will grow up to be.



I have applesauce in my hair
and no make up on,
my roots need colored,
my body is gone.

I have drool on my sleeve
from a "big" little boy,
but when I put him to bed
I know it's only me that he needs.

I cook and I clean,
vacuum and dust.
Give me a bottle of wine
and you'll hear nary a fuss.

All the books that I read
tell me to do it "this way".
But I know you best
at the end of the day.

I'll never regret
when I fondly look back,
the diapers and mud
and wall you painted black.

For applesauce and grime
can all be washed away.
For we all know too soon
you'll be a "big" big boy someday.

1 comment: